We've just gotten our new Life Teen year going and we have a big group of excited freshmen. I can't wait to see how they grow in their faith over the next four years. Debbie and I are running the Senior small group again this year. Most of them are ones we've worked with since their freshman year, but a few are fairly new - either they just moved here, or are just now deciding to give Life Teen a shot. Either way, they're a great bunch and already asking great questions -which I always love!
Speaking of questions, official Confirmation nights kick off next week. Confirmation is one of my favorite parts of youth ministry. Teaching is a challenge, just because of all the levels of catechesis you encounter in the group, somehow your teaching needs to try to reach all of them. Lots of prayer and asking for guidance from the Holy Spirit, especially since I am teaching the first night on Sacraments and sacramentals - which I am developing from scratch. I am hoping to frame it around the topic of God's love for us, to give the teens a deeper understanding not just of what the Sacraments are, but why God would give them to us in the first place.
Work is busy as always. Right now my biggest task is keeping up with paperwork! As my patient load has increased, it's meant more daily notes, monthly notes and reports to write. Always a work in progress to be sure. But I love my kids and I love my job and according to the Annual Review I just completed (I know, can you believe it??) they want me to stick around for awhile, so all is well on that front.
No comments:
Post a Comment