Wednesday, February 23, 2011

7 Quick Takes...Volume 11

1. The word on everyone's lips in Seattle right now is S-N-O-W. Whether you love it or hate it, it's falling at a good pace outside my window and sticking on the grass. They're expecting between 2 and 6 inches by tomorrow...I'll be curious to see if the clinic is open or starting late. And just because snow is on the brain, from one my absolute favorites...



The current view from my window (and still coming down)...
From Drop Box
2. Work has been busy lately. I'm taking on more patients and nearly up to what would be expected of a full-time therapist. However, these last couple of weeks have been swamped with patient reports, equipment ordering (and writing the letters of justification that go with them), trying get reevaluations started and finished and of course daily notes and treatment planning. Amazing how you can feel just half a step behind, but slowly starting to catch up. A good but sometimes hard lesson in time management.

3. LA this weekend! I'm really excited for the course I'm taking and looking forward to integrating things I learn into my treatment sessions. I definitely feel like handling and positioning are areas I need to grow in and will really impact my sessions. The company this is through is well regarded by our staff which is always a good sign.

4. I spent last weekend in Seabeck for our adult retreat. What a fabulous weekend! The entire focus was on us recharging and refueling to give us the energy we would need in our ministry. Adoration was powerful, and our last activity focused on being honest with our team members about what we needed to make us complete and areas that we truly struggled with. That was an intense and very honest way to end, and it was perfect for bonding together as a group. It was a little cold and very windy but the sunshine and view of the Olympics was hard to beat! Just another reason why I love living in the Pacific NW!

From Drop Box

From Drop Box

From Drop Box
5. How does your garden grow? Well, mine is just starting to germinate :) Last week's picture has become...

From Drop Box
planted here are mesclun, lettuce, spinach, tomato, onion, cilantro, thyme, basil, and swiss chard. I'm also planning on planting beans, peas and peppers, but that will be a little later on. I'll keep you posted on its progress!

6. Okay, so product plug coming. A couple of my coworkers have had this cool new water bottle for awhile and I just found them at Target. It's called a Bobble and has a carbon filter (like what you would find in a Brita) right in the lid. The size is just right for my purse, and I can fill up from any tap or drinking fountain if filtered water isn't available. Made from recycled plastic in the USA and BPA-free. The tree-hugger in me loves the idea of how many water bottles this will save!

7. Most of you know that I'm kind of a crafty gal, and people are always asking what I'm making, since a crochet or knit project is often found in my purse. I thought I would share some things that are on my hook/needles/spindle/beading board/embroidery hoop/sewing machine...well you get the idea, and let you see what I'm up to.
My current project is called the Pearl Cardigan and is designed by Kristin Omdahl in crochet. The pattern is currently free on Lion Brand Yarn's website and is originally from her book Crochet So Fine. My version brought the openings at the waist up so, I can tie a ribbon just below the bust...more of an empire waist. I'm also thinking about flaring the bottom for some shaping and making the sleeves 3/4. Here's what it looks like so far...

No comments: