2. My sister and I have been working with a friend from a nearby parish to organize a local Young Adult group so that Catholics our age can connect and get some formation. Tonight is our second meeting and my friend Val is joining us to talk about discerning vocations and where we go once we have discerned. It promises to be a great talk, and I'm excited to hear it!
3. Our Theology of the Body study group has just started a new book. We are reading "Heaven's Song" by Christopher West and I am intrigued already, just from reading the Intro and Prologue! It takes TOB to a whole deeper level and our group has already read Song of Songs and the Book of Tobit to prepare.
4. Since I finally finished watching the series "Lost" (don't judge :) ) thanks to my friend Melena's expansive DVD collection, I decided to try a new show. I've been going back and watching "Friday Night Lights" I was skeptical at first, knowing little about the show when it was actually on, except that it was about football. While I had heard the great reviews, I wasn't a football fan, so never really checked it out. I gave in and am enjoying the first season so far... very realistic.
5. Had my annual review last week, hard to believe I've been at Valley for a full year! It went really well and my lead and supervisor are having me think about the future, such as fulfilling the requirements for a PT II position. Still discerning, as that would require a lot more work on my part, but it would also mean a pay increase, so we'l see where that goes.
6. I've joined into the CSA world with a membership to Full Circle Farms. I love getting the box of fruits and veggies on my doorstep every two weeks and it's led to some creative dinners. I do know I have to be better about using things quickly, however, as I don't want to be wasteful with what I get. What was it about that whole time management thing...?
7. On the end note, it's a fabulous, sunny fall day outside, so enjoy it!
No comments:
Post a Comment