1. Just finished watching my Seattle Sounders FC play the first of two games against Real Salt Lake in the first round of the MLS Playoffs. Unfortunately, the boys did not put forth their best performance and ended up falling to RSC 3-0. Ouch. Luckily, the first playoff round is a two-game aggregate goal process, one home and one away game. They'll get a second chance this Wednesday and after that game, the scores from the two games are added to determine which team advances. My sister and I are going with a few other friends...it'll be a tough road, but I know we'll get a great game, can't beat the fan support at CenturyLink!
2. Tomorrow is the infamous Halloween Life Night! We did a dry run today and I think it's going to be great. I'll try to take some pictures and post!
3. Speaking of pictures...I made a little splurge this last week and finally bought a toy I've been saving up for, a digital SLR camera! The right combination of money saved and a good deal was the perfect time to jump in. I'm excited to take pictures and get back into photography...and not suck my phone battery dry by using it as my only camera :)
4. For an example...
This is my Moorish Mosaic Afghan that I have been working on for quite a few months now. There are 30 octagon motifs in all, plus 20 of the small squares and a few triangle pieces to even out the edges. I completely changed the colors from the original pattern to better match my living room. It's been a process but I am finally weaving in the ends and joining it all together...almost halfway done attaching the large motifs. Trust me I can't wait to have this done!
5. Last week's NDT Baby Course is done and I am glad to have the stress of coordinating that behind me! I learned a lot of great information and just want to retain every bit of it to use with my kiddos! I've already tried to use some bits and pieces and it is so rewarding to put all the pieces together.
6. Last week's concert was a lot of fun! I went a some good friends of mine from church and it was a nice conclusion to my crazy, class-filled Saturday. The Head and the Heart put on an incredible show and were so full of energy! They'll be back to play in Seattle in December, but I will be out of town so will have to miss that show, I would definitely love to see them again in the future.
7. I got to hang out with my a good friend from high school on Wednesday and go out to lunch with her and her four-week old little guy. It's amazing how much he's grown since I visited her in the hosspital the day after he was born! As usual, typical development never ceases to amaze me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment