Awhile back, while shopping, I got a free trial of the magazine Allure. While not a magazine that I would typically buy myself (and worth skipping a few articles), I have liked reading the articles on beauty, fashion and health. While looking over the December 2012 issue, I saw that they had a whole article on tips to get you, and keep you exercising called "Exercise Surprises. Having dropped off the consistent exercise train in the last few months, there were a couple of points that jumped out at me.
The first stated "take a harsh look" and suggested putting on a too tight pair of skinny jeans and looking in the mirror. Well, I have recently noticed that a couple pairs of skinny jeans that fit like a glove back when I was actually doing Pilates weekly, now result in the uncomfortable resemblance to a baked good (yeah, that one), deeming them unfit to wear with certain shirts. Not good.
The second that struck me stated "go public". When you attempt to blog your goal it's both a personal motivator and a way to hold you accountable. True. And then I started thinking about how health is more then just being in shape. It is physical, but also mental, emotional and very importantly to me as a person of faith, spiritual. Maybe this blogging isn't such a bad idea...and then of course it hit me - I already had this idea...about a year ago...whoops.
I still like the idea of that year of "Holystic" Living, combining all these aspects of being healthy and whole. Honestly, I am in a different place than in a year ago, and in the busyness that life has handed me, I do feel like exercise, healthy eating, and organization have largely gone out the window. And living solo, there is really no one to hold me accountable.
So I am jumping in with the idea of "Going Public" and doing a "Take 2". And my first goal is simply to post, because honestly, using a blog to hold you accountable is pretty silly if you never actually post in it. So this first week is to post something, however small, every day about what I am doing right now to make a little change. And I'm shooting for complete honesty, good and slightly scary. So far I'm 1 for 7. I'll take it!
Blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment