Thursday, May 2, 2013

Flipping the Numbers - Day 2

stock image
I recently acquired a new pedometer, courtesy of Walgreens' Walk Program - they had a booth at  Auburn Valley YMCA Healthy Kids Day, where I was helping with our booth from work.  They were giving them  out free, so I thought, why not?  Maybe because I'm newly on this change kick, I decided to put it on today and just see how many steps I took on a typical work day.

In another area, I have been fighting the good fight against clutter.  And not (well, not just) the paper kind.  I have been dealing with an overly crowded gmail inbox.  While I've always tried to be good  about answering personal and important emails, those ads and whatnot from mailing lists have often been just left to build up.  And it struck me at work to think about two numbers that I'd be tracking, steps and items in my inbox.

And how did they stack up?
Steps taken today = 4945
Emails in my inbox = 12,456

Methinks that something is a bit askew.

Let's see how long it takes before I am taking more daily steps on average per week, then have emails in my inbox.

No comments: