Sunday, January 6, 2013

A recipe to share

I got an acorn squash in my Full Circle Farm delivery box a few weeks ago, and throughout the holiday season it has been lovingly staring at me, begging me to make it into something delicious.  We are in full blown winter weather here in Western Washington which means plenty of grey skies and drizzle, so soup was on the menu today.  

I settled on the Acorn Squash Soup by Guy Fieri, which can be found here.  I stuck the recipe fairly closely, only substituted regular whipping cream for heavy cream to cut down on a few calories, and used chili powder instead of cayenne because that's what I headed.  I added a little bit more chili powder to get the slightest bit of kick.  I also have a pepper blend in my pepper mill, so I didn't distinguish between white and black pepper.

Of course I wasn't on top of it enough to take pics while I made it, but trust me it was tasty!  A salad made with organic romaine, carrots and apples and a little balsamic vinaigrette to accompany and a nice lunch was had.

No comments: