2. We recently celebrated Confirmations at St. John's with our brand new Archbishop, J. Peter Sartain, what a blessing! One of my teens asked me to be his sponsor and as always it was a wonderful journey. I also taught on the Confirmation team and it was great to see the teens finally reach their destination. We had a wonderful group this year, and I feel like the majority were very invested in receiving this Sacrament. Our parish was Archbishop Sartain's first in the diocese, so I have had a chance to attend his installation Mass, first Ordination and first Confirmation - not too shabby!
3. Last weekend I visited Chicago for the first time. It was a very special occasion, celebrating the Baptism of my beautiful Goddaughter Siena Marie. Here she is in all cuteness...
![]() |
| From Drop Box |
Chicago was also digging out from their huge snowstorm a couple of weeks ago...sufficed to say I have never seen this much snow in my life...
![]() |
| From Drop Box |
![]() |
| From Drop Box |
...unfortunately the cold temperatures also meant waiting on the runway for my plane to get de-iced - for an hour and a half. I ended up missing a connecting flight and spending an unexpected night in San Francisco. It made for a crazy Monday at work, since I headed over right after landing, but all worked out in the end.
4. Work is going well. I've recently picked up a couple of babies onto my caseload, so starting to work more with younger kids. Both are wonderful and as always, the strong mentorship is a huge help. The biggest thing right now is that we are preparing for a visit by the Joint Commission - this is a governing body that oversees hospital safety and regulation. They will be stopping by sometime this quarter, we just don't know when.
5. Prayers requested for my friends Lou and Michelle! They are expecting their first little one, and he tried to come early at 29 weeks. She is on bedrest in the hospital and being monitored, they are hoping to keep him until 34 weeks so he will be stronger but are watching for any signs of complications.
6. I got a chance to meet up with some old classmates a couple of weeks ago for our first book club meeting since last spring. We read "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford, which I would highly recommend. In takes place in the 80s in Seattle's International District with flashbacks to the 40s and the era of the Japanese internment told through the eyes of a then 12 year old Chinese boy. It made me want to explore the International District more closely!
7. Still working on the condo rental I had mentioned. It's pretty much a done deal, just waiting for the owner to get some repairs done and then I should be able to move in! I'll post pics once that's done. A recent trip to IKEA did result in the purchase of a coffee and side table... I can't wait to start decorating :)



No comments:
Post a Comment