So what's been going on lately? As stated by the wise Inigo Montoya...let me explain, no there's no time...let me sum up.
Well, for starters, I graduated as planned from the University of Washington last June my Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy. After 3 years of studying I could finally call myself a physical therapist! It was a long journey to be sure and I still have so many moments where I'm just trying to figure it all out - but I am there!
This summer was a whirlwind, considering that in the space of three days I 1. Took my national board exam (Tuesday), 2. Accepted a job at Valley Medical Center in their Children's Therapy Department (Wednesday) and left on a two week vacation to visit family in Mexico (Thursday) - nuts but worth it. I passed my boards, love my job and had an incredible time with family. I'll post a little later with some choice pictures.
Working at Valley has been a joy. I have wonderful mentors and a caseload ranging from toddlers to teens of many different diagnoses. It is challenging to be sure and I am constantly reminded of how much I still have to learn - but to be in such a supportive place with such incredible clinicians inspires me to learn and always try to be better. Loving the kids too!
The other half of my life, as usual, is immersed in my involvement at church. I'm still a Core Team member through our Life Teen program and this year am helping to teach Confirmation classes as well - one of my favorite times of year. We are excited to welcome Seattle's new Archbishop, J. Peter Sartain, to St. John's to celebrate our Confirmation liturgy on February 3rd - a blessing to be sure. Just a few days later, I will be headed on a quick trip to Chicago to be a Godmother for a beautiful little girl who is the daughter of two dear friends. I am excited to see them again, and humbled to have been asked to take on this role in her life.
The other work in progress in my life involves striking out on my own. After 6 wonderful years back at home, it's time to set out and be independent, now that school is done and work has started. I'm currently pursuing renting a condo not too far from home/work/church and will be sure to let everyone know if it goes through!
I'll keep it brief for today, but will absolutely try to be better about keeping this thing updated again. It's a new year and an exciting new time in my life and I hope to share!
No comments:
Post a Comment