Saturday, June 6, 2009

Frustration...

Grrr! That's all I have to say. I was going to post to say that internships were nearly figured out, but of course another wrench has been thrown into the plan....I'll back up and explain.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was planning on going to St. Luke's Rehab Institute in the Fall, as a rehab (pediatrics) site. When I submitted for my acute care sites, it turns out that my rehab site was incorrectly entered as acute. So when the submissions for rehab came around I resubmitted for rehab in case the fall site didn't work out. They had not yet replied to my professor's email about whether they'd have a spot for me in the fall or not. I ended up getting placements at Valley Medical Center (near my house ) for both acute in the winter and a pediatrics site in the spring. My prof said we'd just can attempts to keep the Spokane site in the fall and find an outpatient site for me. I was thrilled, it seemed it was going to work out great. The newest development - the person in charge at the peds clinic at Valley accidentally double booked so that site is not available. Now I'm not sure where I'll be in the fall (Spokane? If they ever get back to us) and somewhere for outpatient in the spring - I didn't submit because I thought it had been a lock to be at Valley. To say I'm a little frustrated is putting it mildly - hopefully this will all get figured out soon. Sorry for the vent, but wanted to update on the clinical situation since I'd posted about it. This is a good lesson in surrendering and putting things in God's hands...

No comments: