
My friend Kristine has been doing this for awhile on her blog The Fire Within and today I decided to go to the original blog and find out more about the 7 Quick Takes. The author of the blog started doing this on the advice of a friend to share whatever was on her mind and it's become something a phenomenon. People who have often been infrequent bloggers have been jumping aboard and doing their own quick takes for the week. Those of you who actually follow this blog know that I have my fits and starts, so why not? I'll jump on the bandwagon too and see if it gets me posting a little more often. So even though today is actually Saturday, I'll start the first week's Quick Takes :)
1.
Internship frustration!! (See below post). While it's frustrating that the one internship I really want to get (pediatrics) is the one that keeps falling through...I know God wants me to surrender and trust Him. This is often a challenge for me, but I know I need to do it, so I'll use this as a time to deepen my relationship with God and rely on faith.
2.
High school graduations are upon us and this has been a wonderful, fruitful year from our youth ministry. I've been at Life Teen Core for 4 and 1/2 years which is so hard to believe!! This year's senior class are the first I've worked with since day 1 freshman year, and it's been a beautiful experience to watch their faith and love for the Church blossom over these last 4 years. Today I get to go to one of their graduation parties and celebrate with them - it's these moments that make youth minstry so worth it!
3.
On break! Even though this coming week is technically finals week, our professor gave us the option of moving our one final - originally scheduled for Monday - to Friday, when we typically don't have class. The class was in unanimous agreement and we took and graded the final yesterday. I did really well on it and I now have two full weeks for break instead of one and a half. Very nice indeed!
4.
My abuelitos are coming to visit! They live in Mexico and I haven't seen them for about 5 years. They're in San Diego right now with my aunt and two uncles, and in a couple of weeks will be joined by another aunt from Mexico who had to delay her trip by a bit because of a family emergency. Then all three will come up to visit. I'm excited to see them all and am trying to come up with a list of things to do, since I'll have Mondays and Fridays off summer quarter. Any ideas??
5.
I've suddenly realized how many of my friends are either pregnant or just had a baby. I guess I'm at that age! However, not always so good when your biological clock is ticking...okay Mr. Knight in Shining Armor, I graduate in a year so anytime you want to swing on by and meet me...
6.
Last Wednesday, I submitted an abstract for a research project I've been working on to a national physical therapy conference! It was pretty exciting, especially since my prof told me I get to be primary author on it. If they accept it, I'll get to present a poster. My project this summer is to begin work on a research paper that she'd like to try to submit for publication. I feel all scholarly all of a sudden!
7.
Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning...that's one of my goals for this break (don't worry I'll still have fun too!) With my grandparents coming and the busyness of the end of the quarter over the last couple of weeks, I want to try to get some good deep cleaning and organanization done over the next two weeks. We'll see how that goes :)
No comments:
Post a Comment