Thursday, December 27, 2007

Lost in a Good Book

It's amazing, I have a whole three weeks off from school and what do I want to with my time? Read! It seems silly considering that most of my time the last few months has been spent reading, but as much as I am awed and fascinated by the human body and everything I've been learning, you can only read textbooks so much! I've always been the type of person who loves to snuggle up with a good book and lose myself in it, so I'm reclaiming that, before textbooks gobble me up for another ten weeks.

I've finished "Letter and Spirit" a theological work by Scott Hahn that I started last summer on the interrelationship of liturgy and scripture. A very interesting book, but more studious than some of Hahn's other books ("A Father Who Keeps His Promises", "Hail, Holy Queen", "The Lamb's Supper"), so a little tougher and slower for me to get through, but I did. I'd recommend it if you have the time to set aside and dig into it.

I also just read a fiction novel "The Memory-Keeper's Daughter" by Kim Edwards, a fascinating book that explores the consequences that can result after one split second decision. I really enjoyed it.

If you're on vacation, take time to enjoy every minute! Do what you love, no matter what it is, and spend time with those you care about too :)

1 comment:

Keith Strohm said...

Jessica,

Welcome to the blogosphere! I've linked to your new log. Great title, by the way!

Lette and Spirit is deinitely one of my favorite Hahn books. I devoured it the first time I read it. Like many of the theological books I read, it makes me a little sad to realize how much we, as catholics, either take for granted or just never truly understnd about the richness of Revelation and liturgy!

Sigh.