Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to the Usual Craziness

It was a wonderful three weeks! Sleeping in, reading, relaxing....but of course Christmas break can't last forever, so now we're back in action for Winter Quarter
'08 (I know, I can't believe it's 2008 either!).

This break was great for many reasons! My family got all together again for the first time since June, now that my brothers are in different parts of the country and my sister continues studying on the other side of the state. It was loud and full and very rambunctious, but lots of fun to see them. This last week I got two opportunities to see old friends, first at a New Year's Day party at my friend's parents house and then at the wedding of one of my old college roommates this last weekend. She married another friend from college. The ceremony and reception were beautiful, and many of our old college group made the drive to Canada to celebrate this Holy Sacrament with them. I know their marriage will be very Christ-centered and that they will treat each other with love and respect. How exciting for them!

And now the quarter begins again...another 10 weeks of 18 credit fun! (*Insert sarcastic tone here*). Actually, in all seriousness, I know the classes will be tough and I'll have to put a lot of work into it, but I'm excited to learn the material and get into it. It sure is nice to love what you're studying :)

No comments: