
1. I've been pretty quiet on the blogosphere lately, mainly relaxing after getting done with classes. It's still surreal that I'm completely done with the academic portion of my training and that it's all clinicals from here on out. That and that I may not see some of my classmates until graduation, which is now less than a year away!

Aww...aren't we cute?
Actually, this is probably a better representation of our class...2. Speaking of classmates, I met up with three others at one of their homes for some good old fashioned blackberry picking. We used them to make jam and each of us got to take home 3 jars. It turned out very good and I've already used some for a PB and J sandwich
Laura and I sorting berries
The delicious result of our handiwork
(Photo credits: Lindsay Koppes)
3. Two weekends ago we had our girls retreat on relationships. It was a great success! We had 12 teens attend and they had a lot of fun, as well as contributing lots of wisdom and ideas to our conversations. We try to make this retreat one of discussion and thought as opposed to a lot of teaching at them - to this end, most of our themes are really directed to issues they deal with in life. We then put a faith perspective on it so they learn more about what the Church teaches and why, and then put it in a real context. I look forward to this retreat every year!
4. Planning has also started for our Fall Retreat. It should be a great and thought-provoking topic and so far the planning is going great. More info on this one to come...
5. Weddings, weddings everywhere! On the 22nd one of my friend Katie from high school got married and on the 29th two friends from college, Caroline and Christian tied the knot as well. Next weekend, the family will be packing up and heading to Walla Walla for the wedding of my sister's best friend Melissa, in which she is the maid of honor. Blessings to all these new couples!
6. Yesterday, Andrea and her friend Krista and I headed for a hike up to Poo Poo Point on Tiger Mountain in Issaquah (no, it's not named for that, it's named for the sound of train whistles, silly!). The newspaper article we read had said the hike was 5.5 miles round-trip, try 4.5 miles ONE way! The hike reminded me that I am quite out of shape, especially the switchbacks, but we powered on and the view from the top was well worth it! It was a beautiful day and Poo Poo Point is a popular launching spot for paragliders and hanggliders. We were treated to quite a show to complement the views of Lake Sammamish, Issaquah and even Mt. Baker.
After reaching the top!!
The beautiful view! (The body of water is Lk Sammamish, you can see Squak Mtn immediately left and Cougar Mtn in the distance on the left)
Paragliders - what a sight!
Could this be the real Poo Poo Point?(Photo credits: Krista Currer)
7. It was a real treat to have my brother Eric home for a week and a half! He is currently living and teaching in Boston so it was nice to have him here for awhile. He flew out this morning and will hopefully be back around Christmas time.
No comments:
Post a Comment