
1. My family arrived on Tuesday and we're having a great time. We spent today driving around Yakima so they could see the vineyards they had heard about all the way in Mexico and took them to see how grand the Columbia River is in Vantage. They loved the landscapes. We celebrated the 4th a little untraditionally with Taquitos de Carnitas and Chicharron on freshly made warm tortillas and a nice cold Tecate....but boy was it yummy! We're headed to watch the Fireworks at Lake Merdian later tonight.
2. Lots of driving yesterday! Went down to Portland to practice the P-CTSIB (a balance test) on two nieces of one of my classmates. It was lots of fun and great practice. On the way down I was going to meet a friend for lunch but it fell through so I did a little letterboxing instead at Vancouver Lake...had so-so success but did discover there are biting flies down there near one of the boxes. Needless to say a little itchy today....
3. The quarter is picking up...one class requires weekly online quizzes so that's keeping me plenty busy, also prepping for a couple of big projects coming up.
4. I have a meeting on Tuesday with the professor that schedules our clinical experiences. I just found out my winter spot also fell through, so right now I have no idea where I will be at all next year...it's been frustrating but I'm ready to meet with her and hopefully hammer this out soon since the clock is ticking
5. Along the lines of above, I've started a novena to Our Lady Undoer of Knots to ask for some extra intercession on the clinical situation. I heard about this Novena at a friend's birthday party and it seems like a perfect time to use it. I'll take as much backup as I can on this one.
6. This Tuesday I'll get a chance to hear Christopher West give a talk about the Theology of the Body at Blessed Sacrament Parish in Seattle. He's always a dynamic speaker on such an important topic for these times. I try to get to his lectures whenever I can and it's great to have one so close!
7. My sister Andrea gets home tomorrow from her year of service in the Bronx. The house will definitely be a little fuller but it will be nice to have more of the family together. Hopefully my brother Eric will be able to come visit after his work is done at a Massachusetts camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment