By far one of the greatest gifts this year was getting to work more than usual with our senior class. We have been blessed with a group of about 7 teens who are so involved in the program and are always willing to step in and share of their gifts. They are the first class that I've seen go from day one freshman year to graduation. Working on them as the spring retreat approached I realized how lucky our community was to have them and how much they will be missed next year. I know, though, that they will be blessing new communities next year and that's a beautiful thing! We have some great teens stepping up to take their place next year too.
Next fall will mark the first time in nearly five years that I take a hiatus from youth ministry…so hard to believe!! I'll be in Spokane, doing my first clinical, and trust me, I'm really excited for that too. But I do have a funny feeling I'll back at this as soon as I can be :)
I'm thankful to this program for the blessing it's been, for it's faithfulness to the Magisterium and it's exhortations to the teens to trust their Holy Mother Church in all her wisdom.
Always a fun ride, and of course when the last night of the year is an 80's dance, how can it not be fun?
Jim and I rocking out to "Tainted Love" (pic credit: Heather Schreiner)
No comments:
Post a Comment