Friday, September 5, 2008

Summer Break...in September

Finally getting a break which I am thoroughly enjoying...and even though Fall was threatening to show up a little early last week here in the Northwest we've had a surprisingly beautiful week and it is sunny and warm outside now.

I made through my clinical alive and well! It was an amazing experience and I learned so much. It was amazing to me that in only 4 weeks I was able to go from observation to running therapy sessions and largely doing an evaluation by myself. My CI (clinical instructor) was great and gave me freedom to do as much as I could but was readily available for those "help!" moments where her experience came in very helpful. It was also my first real experience in an outpatient orthopedic clinic...barring my on-call status as an aide at a clinic about 3 years ago where I never stayed long enough at a time to really observe or get to know patients. I learned quite a bit about exercise progression and appropriate exercises for different body regions and injuries. I can't wait to take my advanced orthopedic classes this fall...but am especially excited for our neuro and pediatrics courses since that's what really interests me.

I'm hoping to keep the blog a little more updated now that I've finally figured out what was wrong with my computer. As is usually the case there's good news and bad news on this front. The good news: I know what was wrong and my computer is still under warrenty. The bad news: My hard drive failed, bleh. Luckily most of my data is backed up and there was nothing of huge importance I may have lost. I am not, however, looking forward to beginning to add my ridiculously large music collection back onto my computer. That'll take awhile, but we'll get there :)

No comments: