Saturday, September 27, 2008

Schooltime again...

I was planning on updating my blog a little bit more during my break but found myself a very busy girl despite not having any classes! The three weeks I had between my clinical and the start of school were actually a very relaxing time and a great chance to reconnect with some old friends that I hadn't had a chance to hang with for a long time. Among them a dear friend that just moved back from Colorado...we went to one year of junior high together and clicked, we called ourselves kindred spirits after "Anne of Green Gables" and just have one of those friendships that can go years without talking then start back right where they'd left off. Life took us in different directions and to different states...she has since gotten her masters and gotten married, so it was nice to catch up over lunch! Another friend, who I go to church with recently got married and is expecting her first baby! We lost touch after she moved to Ellensberg to go to college but were able to enjoy a lunch together and reconnect. I also had coffee with the girl I sponsored for Confirmation a couple of years back and had great conversation about faith, life and everything else!

But like all breaks, they are just that...a break between the busyness of life that sandwiches them on either end. Classes started back up on Wednesday! I am very excited about this quarter, my classes look challenging but very interesting. I am already foreseeing this to be a very reading intensive quarter, but luckily this material facinates me so it makes all the reading at least a little more pleasurable. I have a fabulous set of professors who are passionate about their field and areas of expertise, I am especially looking forward to my applied neuroscience course. Neuro is an area that I love and now we're tying all the information we learned last year into real patient problems, and we'll be evaluating and treating real patients as well...can't wait!

1 comment:

Val said...

Oooh, Applied Neuroscience does sound fun. I missed being so absorbed in science this weekend. Jon started on one of his random science questions. I quickly came to realize that most of the physics I had taken had blurred considerably in the back of my brain somewhere. Sigh....hopefully my kid will be an arts major and mommy will still look smart when she grows up! Ha ha!