Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Retreating

Or rather, all done retreating. Don't worry, not under a rock (although that's what it may seem like since I'm still working out the whole "keep updated" part of this blog!) I spent last weekend at Black Lake Bible Camp in Olympia with my Core Team buddies from our Life Teen program. The retreat, put on by Spiritus ministries, was aimed at youth ministers and was entitled "Your Grace Pours Over Me"

There was only one speaker,a priest, who led the retreat all weekend. He was very energetic and full of ideas, and a couple of his talks were pretty good. He focused on recognizing sinfulness (what he called the "Heart of Darkness") in our lives and inviting the Holy Spirit to push that out so we could be whole for our ministry.

The best part had to be having Mass Saturday and Sunday, as well as Adoration with Benediction Friday and Saturday night. Lots of great (and needed) prayer time. It was relaxing and refreshing and helped recharge the ministry batteries for the second half of our Life Teen year!

I love retreats :)

No comments: