According to the thermometer outside my back door it's a nice toasty 28 degrees here, which is quite warm compared to the 15 degrees in Seattle, or maybe the sunlight is throwing it off because it definitely doesn't feel like 28! The picture is taken from my living room window, and while many of the main arterials have been sanded and de-iced, our neighborhood streets are still a skating rink.
This is without a doubt the longest cold and snow snap I remember in all my time growing up in Seattle. The snow started late last Saturday and has continued on and off throughout the week. We are expecting another big storm tonight into tomorrow (Sunday) with wind gusts way up above 60 or 70 mph. While I have had to cancel a couple of events for the sake of safety, I am one to look for a silver lining which has been that I've been on break for all of this, so no trekking it to the U district, and I have been drinking a lot of tea, which is never a bad thing. Of course in typical Seattle style, temperatures are expected to warm up early next week which will melt the snow and we'll once again miss a White Christmas by that much!
So I'll be hunkering down for the next couple of days, listening to the sound of wind, trying to stay warm, with one brief outing to rescue my sister from the airport tomorrow. Let's hope the power doesn't go out for too long.
1 comment:
A Holy and Happy Feast of the Epiphany!
I invite you to listen a special episode of the podcast “Levántate y Sal a Caminar…” ( this week in an English version) dedicated to the Feast of the Epiphany of the Lord.
32 minutes of Christmas carols in many languages, meditations and more…
Jesus loves you and Mary too.
Luisa from Lima - Peru
You can listen to it in: http://levantateysalacaminar.podomatic.com
“God is shining forth in the most unwanted and unsuspected places…” St. Anthony Messenger
Post a Comment