Hmmm...yeah so I guess my dropping off the blog radar happens not just at the end of the quarter but at the beginning too... oh well. That's right I've just started my third quarter of PT school. It really feels like I just started, but I'm getting close to a third of the way done...eep! I feel like I'm floating in this strange place between crazy excitement and sheer terror at being this much closer to being a clinician. Well, I guess terror is somewhat of an overstatement. When I stop to think about just how much I've learned in these last few months, it really is mind-boggling. And as for being one step closer....I have my summer internship assignment! I'll be working for four weeks at an outpatient clinic in Federal Way, not too far from my house. I'm pretty excited to be able to get some real hands-on experience, but know I'll have to do a lot of review from my procedures classes to prep.
As for this quarter, it already has a completely different feel than the others...mainly I think this is because of the advent of the three-hour class, yes I have three of them. Luckily my professors are wonderful about giving breaks, it pays to be in a department with a bunch of people who just can't sit still for that long. I'm still feeling out the territory as far as balancing reading and homework with other activities, but I think it should be okay as long as I stay on top of everything.
One last thing, completely unrelated to any of the above. I know there are some of you out there who are Matt Maher fans. Aside from earning uber-cool points for using the word "transubstantiation" in a song, he just put out his first album under a major Christian label called "Empty and Beautiful". It's currently the top selling CD on Family Christian Stores website, so let's get the word out and support! He has also released a slightly revamped version of "Your Grace is Enough" to radio, so be sure and request. Alright, enough of my random plugs...I'm going to go get my trivia on tonight, as I wait in anticipation for The Office to return tomorrow. Take it easy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment